Music continues through the summer and winter with the 50-years-strong Grand Teton Music Festival, featuring a collection of artists from the world’s finest orchestras. They join celebrated conductor Donald Runnicles to perform everything from pops favorites to the best of the old masters: Liszt, Mozart, Mahler, Bach and Beethoven. And one of our premiere events, the Jackson Hole Wine Auction at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is a three-day gala of music, food, fashion, and wine, in addition to the auction, emceed in 2012 by wine critic Matt Kramer.
There is much to savor here, for Jackson Hole opens up in ways at once surprising, serendipitous and invigorating. It’s a grand place to call home.
Jackson Hole is a very unique place in many ways. As part of the largest intact ecosystem in the lower 48 states, tour scenery is spectacular and destined to stay that way. Less than 3% of the land in Jackson Hole is privately owned. The remaining 97% is protected in one way or another, for we are surrounded by National Forest lands, Jackson Hole Land Trust holdings and two National Parks. It is reassuring to know that our scenic corridors, abundant streams, rivers and wildlife will remain protected throughout the future, remaining one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Evening skies above the Grand Teton tend toward astonishing splashes of color. Days can be sporting, town busy, or a pleasant vibration of what-I-should-do versus all-there-is-to-do. The Hole, as locals call it, promises personal opportunity on a daily basis, in a spectacular mountain setting.
From a practical standpoint there are good reasons for a home in Jackson Hole. We have an excellent airport, which is very seldom closed due to weather conditions, and has convenient daily jet service both east and west, as well as hosting private aircrafts.
Also, our lifestyle story is quite compelling for many reasons, including the ever growing importance of state-tax climate. We have no state income tax, no state capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, no estate tax, no gift tax or intangibles tax and very beneficial state laws regarding the creation of trusts, including dynasty trusts. Therefore, many people designate their Jackson Hole home as the primary residence for very significant tax savings on the state tax level.
Giving back has a major place here as well. Teton County is ranked number 1 of all counties in the US from the standpoint of “philanthropy per capita” which tells a significant story about the people who live here. With just under 200 nonprofits, there is ample opportunity to meet your neighbors while supporting schools, the arts, the hospital and the environment.